Collaboration: Near & Far
- I want my students to realize the difference between collaboration and working in a team.
- I want them to develop the skills necessary to resolve conflicts on their own.
- I wish for them to work together for a set of goals instead of just one.
- I will push my students to explore empathy, disagreements, respect, accomodations, support, connections, leadership, creativity, and flexibility.
- I need to push my students, and myself, to collaborate across backgrounds & differences; and collaborate with both those in the room, and those across the globe.
- I need them to realize that collaboration can happen with those in far off lands, who may offer greater insight than what can be found on a website, in a book, and definitely, in the 1999 textbook.
- I would like them to hear the stories of others, to listen to those experiences, and to make something from that.
- I will support them to take the risks, try new things, and learn together.
Collaboration. Not just teamwork.
Be sure to check out the other #Peel21st bloggers and their thoughts, reflections, and moments of collaboration! And connect with them on Twitter!